The Wake Technical Community College Public Safety Simulation Complex will include the construction of a reality‐based simulation center for training programs including law enforcement, emergency medical service, and fire rescue. The complex is anticipated to be 70,000 SF and is located in Wendell, North Carolina.
Summit provided Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Special Inspections, and Drilling for this facility and once completed it will provide a 4D Immersive Interior Training Village and multi-function/specialty training rooms.
In addition, this project provides for the initial site clearing, excavation and grading; the installation of roads, bridges and access points; and the construction of appropriate site drainage and retention ponds, etc. to support the first phases of the Eastern Wake Campus expansion for WTCC.
Our team provided supporting team members for the pre-construction meeting and the review of project documents and also provided inspectors for the following services:
- Soils Observation and Testing Services
- Site work and grading
- Utility installation and trench backfill
- Undercut observations and unsuitable soils identifications
- Material Quantification
- Proofrolling operations
- Subgrade observations
- Compaction testing of backfill material
- Cast-in-Place Concrete Construction
- Structural Masonry and Grout Construction
- Structural Steel Framing and Cold-Formed Steel Framing
- Pavements and Bases Observation and Testing
- Laboratory Testing
- Project Management and Engineering Consultation
- Final Special Inspections Letter