Our planning team provided services for the Economic Development Authority of Patrick County, VA. For this project, our team prepared a feasibility study for the adaptive reuse of a vacant former hardware store into the Patrick County Business Development and Recovery Center.
To start the project, our team facilitated a kick-off meeting, tour, and input session with Patrick County stakeholders, staff, and other invited leadership. This included a tour of the facility and the surrounding community. After completing the kick-off meeting, we began analyzing market factors and conducting interviews for the project. Our team reviewed, compiled, analyzed, and published a report of the demographic, economic, and market data available for Patrick County and nearby portions of Henry and Franklin Counties and the City of Martinsville. This was all completed to inform the continuing planning process and to lay the groundwork for the Feasibility Study.
In addition to analyzing market factors and conducting interviews, our team was also responsible for the following tasks:
- Research and Analysis of Precedent Models of Business Development Spaces
- Schematic Floor Plan, Preliminary Architectural Report, and Conceptual Design
- Additional Analysis of Market Demand, informed by the Schematic Floor Plan and PAR
- Development Pro Forma(s) for the Patrick County Business Development and Recovery Center
- 5-Year Operational Pro Forma for the Patrick County Business Development and Recovery Center
- Economic Impact Analysis
- Implementation Grid
- Compile Final Report
- Presentations to Project Leadership